Welcome to The Today Voice. You’ve probably noticed that this blog is quite bare. No content. Nada. Zilch. If you are reading this post, thank you for sticking around long enough to discover what this website is all about.
So what is this blog all about? Alas, that is a question that is better answered by you, my friend. You see, I am not the author of this blog. You are. You just don’t know it yet.
Let me explain…
I love to write. And as a writer, I believe everyone is living their very own unique story. I also believe that our stories intersect and connect in some small unimaginable way – no matter our race, age, gender, religion or ice cream preference (I’m a vanilla man – in case you wondered). On a completely different note, I’ve always thought about how cool it would be to collaborate with a group people on a writing project, but those types of opportunities are few and far between. Then, one day, the two ideas collided and left me with one new exciting idea.
That’s where you come in. The Today Voice is in need of authors. But perhaps ‘author’ is not the right word. We are looking for everyday people who live ordinary lives in an extraordinary way. You may be a stay at home mom; war vet; doctor; college student; athlete; teacher; waitress; actor; vampire. As long as you have a voice, you have a story to tell – and we want to hear it.
If you would like to be considered as a contributor to The Today Voice, please keep reading for the official guidelines. If you are not interested in writing, but would like to read along, I welcome you to follow this blog.
1) Five contributors will be selected to write one post per week for 52 consecutive weeks. Ideally, the chosen contributor will be responsible for the same day each week. In other words, if your designated day is Monday, your post will be published 52 Mondays in a row.
2) Contributors will write each week’s post from a list of 52 prompts. To view the full list of prompts click here.
3) Each post should be approximately 500 words in length. This is more of a standard than a hard rule.
4) Each post should include a visual; it needs to be something YOU created (e.g. a photo or drawing); don’t just grab any picture you find on Flickr or Google Images.
5) Content should be kept clean. This can be defined as many things, but as a rule of thumb, if the average person would take great offense to what you write, I reserve the right to not publish.
6) All posts will be published at noon Monday-Friday. Contributors must submit their week’s post 24 hours before their post goes live.
7) Where are you at in life? Where have you been? And most importantly, where are you headed? If your life was a television show, would it be drama or a comedy? Describe your cast of characters and how they inspire you; love you; hate you; drive you completely insane. Simply put – tell me your story. To be considered as a contributing writer for The Today Voice, tell me about yourself by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Well, that’s it. I sincerely look forward to hearing from you.